Torque tables are powered by a linear motor which has been rolled up.
Therefore they generate a very high torque and, with a proper encoder aboard, are very precise in positioning.
The most important pros of the torque tables vs. the mechanical ones are:
- Higher acceleration/deceleration
- Extremely rigid in motion
- Higher precision in positioning, even up to 1 micron repeatability
- Higher rotation speed
- Higher peak torque
- Higher efficiency (there are no reducers in the system)
- Less maintenance, fewer pieces subject to wear
- Smoother in motion
- Bigger axial thru holes
- Two or more units can operate in parallel driven by the same controls
- Can be connected with all the most common control systems
The position control is assured by the most sophisticated measures.
The torque table can run with any suitable control and drive, as it is equipped with encoder and supply connectors, the same as for rotary brushless.
On the table’s body you’ll find two connectors, for power and encoder. Said encoders are incremental or, on request, absolute.